1. I went home this past weekend to clean out my old bedroom. It was a fascinating experience, especially because I had so many notes, drawings, cards, and sentimental pieces that pulled me back into middle school and high school land.
Take this drawing for example, which I distinctly remember waking up after midnight and feeling led to design. When I look at it now, it makes me really emotional. So much of what I’ve done the last ten years is build ideas, create projects, and start initiatives. And although I was always the kid who stretched her creativity, I never saw myself as making my own money creating and sustaining things that give me life, and then pouring that back into my own community and beyond.
2. FemCity Des Moines has grown to over 100 paying business members in less than a year. This community is on FIIIIYAAAA.
3. Have you been to The Foundry yet? What an amazing concept with great beer hall vibes. It was super packed when we went the opening weekend, but totally worth it with all the beer + food truck options! BONUS: Horizon Line Coffee is there too if you need to perk up.
4. My goal for November is to write a personal note or card to someone randomly every day. So far so good. After experiencing #1 above, I realized how much those mean to write + receive, so I’m going to send that energy out into the world!
5. I gave up caffeine about a month ago and haven’t looked back. I enjoy a coffee with caffeine about once a week, but otherwise I’ve kicked my “must drink coffee every morning” habit to the curb and am turning to a full glass of lemon water in the mornings.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.