When I helped re-launch FemCity Des Moines in January, I had no idea how many remarkable women I would meet. Here are five woman-owned businesses in the metro worth highlighting (and shopping with).
- Ivory House Photography: Whitney is the positivity-filled woman behind this photography business. She’ll make you look and feel fabulous in any photo session you have with her. I love that she continuously gives back to our community as well. You’ll see some of her amazing work on our POP UP YOGA DSM page!
- Peterson Holistic: Joy Peterson is a go-getter when it comes to transforming people’s health. Her massages will blow your mind and her passion for holistic, well-rounded health is what a lot of people are looking for! Follow posts, videos, and book an appointment with her; it won’t disappoint!
- Clairified Designs: Claire Richmond has an eye for graphic design and her entrepreneurial, happy go lucky spirit is contagious. I have considered Claire a friend for a few years now and love seeing her business blossom. Just check out these awesome cards! If you have friends participating in races, purchase one of these cards to with them luck!
- Brightside Kitchen: Deanne Bryce and her husband Steve are making epic vegan goods for our city. Some of my absolute favorite scones are made by them and they’re sold at Horizon Line Coffee! I also recently joined the Iowa Food Coop to support local farmers and artisans, and Brightside has some pretty tasty options in there. Check it out!
- Pure Barre: This new barre studio opened in West Des Moines recently! Katie & Sarah opened this together and are the sweetest gals, so make sure to say hello to them if you pop in. Classes can be found here. Send your friends over to give it a try!
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.