1. We are less than six months away from our wedding as of December 10. So far, the big things are done, but our latest hurdle is the realization that almost every single hotel is booked and are not able to block rooms for us. And we already printed the Save the Dates with hotel recommendations. Joy. 😉 On a happier note, my dress arrived in the store yesterday & I can’t wait to see it in the right size!
2. I loved writing my first “review” post about the Day Designer, a planner that is both super chic & practical for people wanting a system to keep themselves organized. It’s starting to fill up with exciting dates in 2017 like San Diego, Seattle, wedding, The Water Ride, and other fun events in Des Moines I don’t want to miss (8035, Arts Festival). Check out all the different styles & designs here!
3. I said goodbye to Maddie the Mazda last week. My lease ended so I hopped onto a new lease and added just a couple extra bells & whistles like heated seats & auto start because… Iowa. Although I am not much of a sentimental person, when I got my first salary job after AmeriCorps, the first thing I did was go lease Maddie the Mazda. It was a purchase that made me feel a sense of independence and like I was truly stepping into adulthood. It was sad seeing her go, but someone else will get to enjoy her now!
4. FemCity Des Moines is gaining some traction and I couldn’t be more excited to be leading this fine group of gals. As someone who is all about entrepreneurial spirit and supporting women in business, this group is incredibly important to me and I know it will help lift up dozens (hopefully hundreds) of women in greater Des Moines. Today is the last day we are offering a BOGO for our Business Membership. Check out my vision for the group here & consider joining us in 2017!
5. Since I’m on The Four Agreements kick, here’s something I found from the book that I love:
“Imagine living your life without judging others. You can easily forgive others and let go of any judgments that you have. You don’t have the need to be right, and you don’t need to make anyone else wrong. You respect yourself and everyone else, and they respect you in return.”
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.