1. House of Cards is one of my favorite thing to do to unwind. I’m completely addicted.
2. Although I have a ways to go, I paid off one of my student loans with the highest interest! I am able to save so much more money because of our mortgage bill that is literally half of our previous rent payments (!!!!) and because of extra revenue from side hustles. Celebrating small wins is something I’m trying to focus more of my energy on, rather than being dragged down by things that aren’t going quite right.
3. Over 100 Beautycounter consultants went to DC to try to increase regulation on what ingredients are allowed to be in skincare & cosmetic products. This article sums up what we are trying to do.
“The goal is to give somebody who buys a product, eventually, the knowledge that there’s nothing in that product which in five years can cause you cancer or can disrupt your endocrine system.” – Senator Dianne Feinstein
To continue building awareness of this important work, I’m scheduling small get togethers with people who are interested in learning about safer skincare options and what they should steer clear from. Simply fill out the contact form. <3
4. Several of my Facebook friends gave input on where to get my swimsuit this year. I went with J.Crew because I have had good luck with their stuff in the past, there was a great sale, and I am loving the color & scalloped detail. Ready for Memorial Day weekend outdoor swimming adventures.
5. I’m a pretty big fan of May. Two of my favorite men graduated college, my family had a couple birthdays, Snookies has been consumed by way of bike, POP UP YOGA had its first event with over 200 people, grad school wrapped up for the semester, the event I coordinated was very successful, and this weekend Z and I get to celebrate one year of dating.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.