Well, hello there. This week and month have absolutely flown by. And here we are, Friday Fivin’ it.
1. The condo is really coming together. I’ve built furniture, sold furniture, put up shelves in the garage (well, mostly Bob did that), figured out how in love ants are with this place, bought pretty plants, and put a fun gallery wall up! What do you think?
2. POP UP YOGA stuff is still exploding. We have added a “stretch and sip” Jasper Winery series to summer shenanigans and even did fun things like buy A-frames and get signage and purchase a sound system. Even a couple photographers in Des Moines helped us with a photo shoot so we have some photos to use for our Facebook events and website.
Photo by Alyssa Leicht / alyssaleicht.com
3. I continue meeting some pretty stellar people in Des Moines. Early morning coffees and little lunch dates have opened my eyes even more to the people in our community who have pretty incredible interests and passions. I get really excited when I think about what this community will be like in five years.
4. My friend Evan started this site called Say Hello to the City and captures the people who are integrated into the fabric of Des Moines. I had a super great opportunity to chat with him at La Mie last week and he sent me this awesome quote a few days after.
5. Since I’m on the “refine” train, I mentioned that I’m slowly reading Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, but there’s also this documentary called Minimalism coming to Des Moines in June. In fact there’s a minimalist group that meets at Smokey Row on a monthly-ish basis! You can join their Facebook group if the topic interests you. <3
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.