1. I recently blogged about things in my life I’m refining. After the move, I felt like so many things in my life were just meh and I could do a better job at paying attention in some areas. We’ve all been there.
2. My pal Morgan and I met eight years ago yesterday and decided to become roommates at Drake University for all four years (not to mention super good friends). To celebrate, we went to Exile for happy hour and then tried out Noce, the new jazz bar in Des Moines. It reminded me of my percussion days, going to competitions, playing in band olympics, and attempting all-state. Was anyone else a total bank junkie? Love & miss those days.
3. I can’t remember what Buzzfeed link I was on when I found this Etsy shop with custom stamped cuffs with all sorts of inspiring little sayings. Seems like an excellent Mother’s Day gift option…
4. A couple pals and I have been bustin our behinds to get our POP UP YOGA DSM schedule pulled together for this summer. We have the Parks Pop Up schedule in place, a thumbs-up to go back to The Hub on Saturday mornings, and permission from some pretty stellar places around the city to host our “surprise” pop up classes that you get to learn about later.
5. I’ll go ahead and say that I truly believe Smokey Row makes the best shake/tornado (basically a blizzard) in town. And if you like espresso, the Smokey Row shake is seriously life changing. Living close may cause serious issues.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.