1. Next Monday, I have the opportunity to facilitate a conversation about how we can support female entrepreneurs in Des Moines. As someone who is regularly involved in community development, I see so much value in supporting entrepreneurs in our community. Knowing the stats about Iowa being ranked last in small businesses owned by women, it’s important to have conversations about why and what we can do to move the needle. I know this is a very hot topic and many groups are doing this, but I find it refreshing to have conversations with different age groups and with people in different industries. Hope you can come; register here (it’s free)!
2. I’m becoming more cognizant of how people speak about and to other people.
“Never judge others. You both know good and well how unexpected events can change who a person is. Always keep that in mind. You never know what someone else is experiencing within their own life.” – Colleen Hoover
3. Moving happens in two weeks. That being said, this should arrive at my door in days.
4. Almost four years ago, I got back from a bike trip across the United States and was so impacted by the work our team did to raise funds for clean water that I helped create an annual bike ride called The Water Ride that happens every year in Des Moines. By utilizing The Water Ride both outdoors and indoors, we’ve raised over $22,000 to support clean water projects in Ghana. A. Ma. Zing. All that to say, this year’s ride is happening in the fall instead of spring; go like this Facebook page to stay in the loop for this year’s ride details!
5. The Iowa Taproom opened. Get down there soon Des Moines friends and visitors.