1. My friend Julia posted this article about saying no, which is kind of a hot topic, wouldn’t you say? Inside the article was this piece on codependency written by Whitney Cummings. Number one on the Friday Fives could be an entire post in and of itself, but this week (more than ever) these posts brought tears to my eyes, which is saying a lot because I never cry. Adulting is such a learning experience and this is a big one for me.
2. On a lighter note, I’m a pretty big Madewell fan, but some of their stuff is above what I’m willing to pay and I’m not totally sure I know their size chart well enough to order things online. I’m working on mentally preparing for the KonMarie process inspired by The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, so I’m assessing pieces I have and what I feel most comfortable in before I go all in. One of the things I grow more and more into as I get older is wearing pieces that feel good, hence the reason I took the plunge with a couple basic tees that people rave about.
3. My photography class started on Monday night! It was a short night due to the snow storm, but we got our hands wet in manual settings on DSLR cameras. One thing I did when I got my camera was buy 3-year insurance. One thing I did not do was buy a strap, probably because I was like, whatever I have insurance. After hauling that thing in my hand in Puerto Rico, I knew I wanted a strap. So I got on Etsy for waaaay too long to find something unique. I wrestled with getting a colorful one, a basic leather one, pattern or all black. I settled on this one because it’s fairly simple, yet fun dimension.
4. I’m also going to say that part of my week was spent looking at backdrops and filling up my Pinterest board with ideas. I’m making something similar to this next weekend, but basically want to make this (pic below) for someone someday.
5. I made ceviche this week and didn’t get poisoned. It was mediocre in taste, but I now trust myself to do it again!
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.