1. I haven’t done Friday Fives in what feels like almost a month. Maybe that’s right? Not sure. What it made me feel like is, why don’t you do Friday Fives when a) you have things going on that are worth talking about and b) when you feel like it. So, that’s my number one as 2016 unfolds.
2. This was my first Christmas where I shook things up a bit. Went to a total of four Christmas celebrations as opposed to two. There was a piñata at ours this year; thankfully no children died from aiming wrong. Here’s my family + Z. As you can tell, the rods were really a great addition to the backdrop.
3. Speaking of Christmas, can we all just stop and appreciate this canvas that my brother got made for me. His thought (can’t tell if his text was serious) is that Tyko and Bella’s canvases could go in my office. Thoughts?
This is the face Tyko makes when the coffee grinder is slicing and dicing beans.
This blanket from Restoration Hardware also is a real Christmas winner. OJB FTW! (plus…cute cat)
4. New Years Eve was so ideal. Best of friends came together on High Street and we walked ourselves over to Gas Lamp for their big shindig.
5. We continued New Years Eve by driving to Cedar Rapids for both a wedding rehearsal dinner & a wedding the day after. I told myself that I never wanted to forget the moment on the dance floor when Get Low came on and four young girls asked me to come out and dance with them. So many moves are now part of their repertoire, most importantly the shimmy.
Seven days until Puerto Rico with this fellow ^
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.