- My life is essentially just typing on my computer. From writing a business plan to an 80-page paper for grad school, I can be found behind a screen 75% of the time. Who is ready for freedom?
- My friend Julia sent this to me after our conversation about people who show up for you and people who don’t. I can’t always be present, but this article says, “showing up is the single most important thing you can do as a friend” and at this point in my life, I completely agree.
- A majority of my weekdays are spent working on community development in Des Moines, specifically on the east side. Wednesday night, we presented our 2016 action plans. The work of revitalizing a neighborhood is complex, exciting, frustrating and all other emotions you can think of. And that night we got to set our intentions for 2016, talk about the challenges and the things we get to do come January.
- I wrote a post about my favorite restaurants in Des Moines this week & wanted to share. <3
- Some books I recently purchased: Rework, MONEY Master the Game (Tony Robbins), Startup Communities: Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem. So far, I’m enjoying all of them in little bits & pieces.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.