1. You guys. I am so sick. My body will not heal; when I don’t have a headache, I’m hacking my brains out. When I stop sneezing, I’m all the sudden diagnosed with strep. This week in particular has been rough for me and I’m hoping for a quick recovery since I’m traveling.
2. Speaking of traveling, I coordinated a group of awesome folks for a Community Leadership Institute training in Louisville, KY. The CLI is a weekend for us to take classes on how to be stronger leaders, learn from best practices of community building and create an action plan to implement back in Des Moines. I’m extremely excited to meet others in the field, explore Louisville and eat good food (that I can hopefully taste)!
3. Ummm, this couch came on Thursday when I was gone. The living room is coming together! Next weekend, Julie and I are heading to KC to completely furnish the rest of the place and hopefully check out the new Power Life Yoga studio.
4. Please use this “lifehack” as Brene Brown calls it when someone says one thing, but you hear something else. We’ve all been there. We read between the lines incorrectly or don’t hear what we want and start assuming things. Totally guilty of that.
5. Oh yeah. You can now call me the Community Development Director at CHI. #promotion
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.