1. Dear Taylor Swift, you completed my year. You’re welcome back to Des Moines at least once a week to repeat whatever just happened last night. Please bring the confetti, sparkles, the light-up bracelets, your cats and anything else you desire. Love, a fellow 89-er.
2. I guess packing up and moving is a lot easier when you are still living in euphoria from T-Swift. Sneak peak below.
3. Speaking of moving, I’ve been on the hunt for some smaller pieces for the space. I’m a huge fan of anything West Elm or CB2, but I wanted to a) save money and b) have fun with some Annie Sloan chalk paint on something that could warm up this industrial space. Hence, this little beauty, found at our south side Salvation Army in Des Moines. <3
4. My insane personal life & job demands requires me to stay very organized. Google Calendar saves my life every single day, but I’ve also been spending a lot more time on Evernote. I currently use paper to make lists, Asana, Todoist, stickies on the MacBook, Notes on my phone and other things that are fine if you’re just using one, but everything is everywhere, so I pulled the trigger and got Evernote premium with a fancy stylus pen for the iPad to take notes, keep everything in one place and also save some paper.
Speaking of getting organized, this post on Medium titled “The “Get My Shit Together” Afternoon is also helpful when figuring out the other things in life that are important, but easily forgotten.
5. There are so many things I want to tell you, but I can’t. I’m not a very private person, so when I have an idea or I’m about to do something super drastic with my life like bike across the country, I just say it (aka word vomiting). I’m learning that some things have to stay on the DL until they come closer to fruition.
What I can say is that so many crazy, amazing, meaningful things are on the docket for the rest of 2015 that are about to make my heart explode into the tiny pieces and I want you to be a part of it.
Ok, brb. Gotta move.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.