1. Spent a weekend in Decorah with Zach. We in fact saw horses in front yards galloping to the backyard, got upgraded to a Bed and Breakfast cottage house (quilts, antiques and all), rode bikes for miles to see the outdoor spaces, enjoyed ourselves some yummy food and most importantly visited Toppling Goliath. Beer. Yum.
2. I decided to sell my laptop and got scammed by three people and almost fell for all of them. There was this guy saying he was giving the laptop to his pastor’s son and another who was in the military and needed it shipped overseas. I was like OMG, I want to know these people’s stories. And then I realized what was happening and was like um, no. I know I’m gullible and overly compassionate, but you ain’t getting my money. It makes me wonder what their success rate is.
3. I found my dream condo on Zillow, started the process for a mortgage (gahhhhh), looked at all sorts of first-home buyer programs and then found out it was sold (to a really awesome person I like very much) and decided renting will just need to be the reality since I don’t want to live far from downtown. Places in Des Moines are either really expensive, selling super quick or total dumps. My dream condo location has sold a few in the past year or two, so I’m hopeful. 🙂
4. We hired someone for all the neighborhood work I do who is going to flip homes in the neighborhoods. As much as I want to be Nicole Curtis from Rehab Addict, I can’t.
5. Yesterday, I tried rescuing a kitten in a bush. It was skinny and needed TLC. I picked it up and it violently attacked me leaving holes in my hand from biting me so hard. Needless to say, it reminded me of a lot of situations I feel like I’ve been in lately. Do something nice for someone and receive nothing but silence or criticism. I’m over exaggerating this and maybe I’m old fashioned but when did thank you get so hard to say?! Try it on. People like it.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.