1. My friends and I were pumped to see Mat Kearney on Friday night (like couldn’t stop talking about it for weeks) at the Arts Festival downtown, so we started it right with Champagne Fridays at Americana, got some chairs and hunkered down for the music. I am a huge fan of MK, but this show was just meh.
2. This year is the third year I’ve volunteered at a beer tent at the Arts Fest, so I’m practically a bartender now, right? A group of friends and myself picked a three-hour shift, celebrated with pizza at Gusto and somehow ended up playing the largest game of flippy cup (probably 15 people per side) to end the night. 🙂
3. This week was strange. I left work on Monday with a sore throat, so decided to check it out in the mirror and it was quite evident that strep or something really bad was going on back there. Strep is annoying because you have to stay home, so I did that Tuesday and four people treated me like royalty by bringing food/drinks, essential oils and good company. So grateful.
4. Back to watching Girls again semi-regularly.
5. Me and five others are kicking it in Aspen this weekend for Wanderlust festival. I drove over nine hours on Wednesday night (got in around 3:00 a.m.), slept in Denver and drove another five hours to Aspen Thursday morning. Whew! I became a Serial addict and huge podcast fan over these many hours… recommendations for the ride home would be happily received. <3
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.