1. I read this post called “Why I’m Setting Myself Back in my Career to Have a Happier Life” and it resonated big time. I am on a trajectory to have a really successful career, but part of me doesn’t know how badly I crave that. I want to do things that matter, like spend time with people I love and volunteer in ways that actually fulfill me and work less than 40 hours a week. This is what I desire. It’s not right or wrong and I think some people will laugh at this, but we created the guidelines of 40-hour-work-weeks, so can’t we change it? It doesn’t mean I don’t love my job or feel unfulfilled, but I do believe there’s a better way and I want to be a part of finding it. Rant. Over.
2. Speaking of jobs, this is my new office! Polished floors, and…and…walls! No longer the receptionist desk. Just picked out paint colors and my rug.
3. Julia had a bridal shower and we used a selfie stick to capture all of us. Nothing like some solid sun time with a bunch of gal pals.
4. Sometimes, when you get half a million dollars to fix homes to help people with asthma, you hold a press conference & celebrate with punch and cookies. Here’s Amber, killin it per usual.
5. Thursday night we went on over to MLK Jr. Park on the east side to host POP UP YOGA. I had some pretty high reservations because I know how busy the park gets (especially since there were a couple events there) with tons of kids and families. And the fact that it’s in a part of town most people are told not to go to, I wondered how many people would show up. Two kids came, loved it, and made us all feel a little more playful.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.