1. I am having lots of thoughts on giving up my French Press for something even more complicated and time consuming. I feel like I make my coffee with the press and want to throw it up. So, what’s my next step?
2. Ed Sheeran & Michael Franti were two of my key weeknight ventures. Ed was in the Wells Fargo Arena & Franti was in a small venue where he came out and danced with us. Both shows made my heart swell, but Franti was my favorite if I had to choose. So. Much. Dancing. And balloons flying everywhere.
3. I bought the Desire Map because sometimes I just need to refocus on where I’m going and what I’m doing and how I’m investing my time. Lately, everything sort of feels like chaos and I’m becoming a “reactionary” person rather than proactively living life. Neither are good nor bad, I just prefer a little proactivity in the Emily world. So far, I’m highly impressed with the book. It’s really hard to know what to do with your life & this takes a different approach by looking at how you want to feel rather than what you want to add to your goal list. I would hope to offer a little book group on it this fall to dive into this more. 🙂
4. We are seeing lots of amazing things happening on the East Grand corridor, including this mural that is still in progress. We’re celebrating the rich Latino culture by partnering with organizations in town to offer a Jazz in July event on July 3. #progress
5. Cutest parent award goes to these two. Love you both. <3
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.