I am three weeks behind, so I considered Friday Fifteens, but now it’s Friday morning & I need to do this thing called work.
1. Most importantly, I took a trip overseas to the UK, from London to Scotland, back to London. The highlight was absolutely the people time. From finding random hills to climb, eating a variety of foods, late night drinks & card games and other adventures, it was made infinitely better because of the people I was with. More pics on the Facebook of course.
2. Oh, and I guess I got a tattoo, so that was fun & painful. There are about a dozen reasons why I decided to get a bicycle, but ultimately my journey across the country was pivotal in the way I view others, myself, the world around me and helped me understand that I am the author of my story. Not others. Not my parents. I get to choose what I say, who I become, what I do and where I go. So, hello bicep bike. When I flex the bike seat goes up. Kidding.
3. Since I know I’ve missed a couple weeks of blogging (who am I?!), I guess I can relay that a couple exciting work-related community building stuff happened or is being planned to happen and it’s getting me excited & slightly scared for spring/summer. We painted this pretty square just outside of Spaghetti Works! Tell me if you see it. 🙂 I am also helping coordinate a one-day service event for 650 people. It happened last year, so I know it’s feasible, but it’s still terrifying. It’s meant for anyone to be a part of, so if you want to volunteer, please tell me.
4. I’ve been making some pretty amazing recipes here and there. One of my favorites is the buffalo chicken quinoa salad & this toasted walnut salad with mandarin oranges and gorgonzola (especially since I took the plunge to get a salad spinner). Not to mention these little wonders which have been my go-to snack. Something is shifting and the foods I make are starting to actually taste good. Don’t get it, don’t care.
5. My fifth note is just a reminder to myself that it’s okay to slack off a little here and there and enjoy moments. I don’t always feel like being 100% “on” (now for example) and kind of want to just be on vacation for three more months. Passion ebbs and flows. Motivation comes intensely for me and then crashes down instantly. Sometimes I care, sometimes I don’t. I think that’s just part of life, don’t you?
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.