Okay, I know I go a little overboard with the alliterations on the blog, but I can’t help it. It’s just what I do. That being said, I wanted to take a short moment to reflect on some awesome things I read, learned, tested and am questioning. Some highlight our local Des Moines talent and others are completely random.
1. Liz Lidgett is doing a Kickstarter to help fund a pretty stellar business idea: Adore Your Walls. See what she’s up to and help her launch a dream business!
2. Wanderlust festival is on my mind, specifically the one in Aspen-Snowmass. Is anyone thinking about going to this?
3. Since I constantly run between my heart wanting roots and my mind wanting wings, it can certainly be tough for me to determine what “success” means in my own life. I posted this small blurb by Zosia Mamet recently on my blog because it really spoke to me.
5. I live and breathe collective impact. I need some serious reading time scheduled for this month.
6. Stabilo pens.
7. Have you checked out the 20 most popular TED Talks?
8. Lucent app helps you meditate. Well, I mean it can if you use it.
9. I decided to check out Matilda Muse after too long of not stopping in. Its sister store is Aimee, which is totally darling, but I work at a nonprofit so I can manage to buy something like, once a year. MM is a little more affordable, but still has the sassy stuff that makes me love being a bit of a girly girl.
10. Ocean Salt by LUSH is my go-to scrub. There are two versions, one with parabens, one without. Opt for the one without. 😉
11. Anyone using Stitch Fix? After a less than ideal visit to the mall the other weekend, I am on a quest to find something that works… a bit better for me. In the perfect world, I would wear my black lululemon leggings and an oversized sweater/shirt, but I work in a professional setting the requires me to step it up a bit. So, I’m trying.
12. [I didn’t meant to do this.] Twelve developments to watch in Des Moines for 2015 here.
I think I’ll end it on my favorite number.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.