1. Ask me about my Thanksgiving weekend and I’ll tell you how little I did. And how glorious it was. Knowing that I was heading to DC & then attending a couple holiday parties the weekend after, I decided to lay low. At & I started Once Upon a Time & drank wine. That was a wise decision.
2. I’m starting grad school in January! I applied a couple months ago, sent in my transcripts two weeks ago and heard back yesterday that I was accepted. It truly hasn’t hit me yet that my evenings are going to vanish come 2015, but I’m taking a leap into a field that I’ve been interested in over the past year: community development. Cheers.
3. I got asked to present at YNPN NON CON in January. YNPN is similar to YPC, but for the better, more amazing individuals who work in nonprofit. Kidding! I’ll be presenting for about 40 minutes on how to de-stress inside & outside the workplace. Learn more & then sign up.
4. I went to my first CAbi party on Wednesday evening. I, um, bought half leather pants. Faux leather… fleather. I figure hey, I have the red hair (which is sadly fading quicker than I would hope for), why not continue the sass with some BA leggings?
5. When I blogged on September 20, I had a couple small CrossFit victories. At the time, I could successfully complete HSPU (hand stand push ups) with TWO mats under my head. Now, I just need one mat and I can press myself up into a handstand. Success comes in baby steps often times, right? 🙂
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.