1. I took a four-day weekend. Highlights include: purchasing and organizing a file box thingy, clearing out all emails & archiving Facebook messages, writing a blog post, starting a book, watching Sex and the City, attending a couple fabulous parties, seeing St. Vincent and catching up with my people.
2. All y’all who have been following my career and initiatives know that I am a part of revitalization efforts in three east-side neighborhoods. While we officially launched our coalition in August, we wanted to gain a little more traction before hitting up the media. Well, the time had come, so I got connected to a Des Moines Register reporter who came to a Viva East Bank! event on Wednesday and wrote the loveliest of articles. Did you see, did you see, did you see? #joblove
3. I took a Facebook vote and it’s been decided that this girl is going RORANGE. I totally call it burnt orange, but supposedly redheads don’t like that. My VP said she tried rorange on a friend & she didn’t like it, but I do, so I’ll take it. The date of the event is top secret & you will have to depend solely on Instagram to know. This girl is my inspiration and her blog is the most darling.
4. I started to create an invitation on Facebook for friends I wanted to invite to my party this weekend annnnd I just got frustrated. Who am I forgetting? Do I really have to scroll through over 1,000 Facebook friends (#MEGO)? Do I just invite people my age or open it up to family? I mean seriously, I’m someone who gets headaches so very rarely and here I was, bringing myself into physical pain. Long story short: YOU’RE INVITED TO MY PARTY! Saturday night at the Teachout Building at 7:30 p.m.
5. I feel like lately I’ve been stuffing my face with food & have had little motivation to exercise. Those two things don’t usually work out so well & I have a feeling this little guy below feels the same! #squirrellover #winterlethargy #uhohhhhh