1. NBD or anything, but some of my favorite people came to town last weekend from DC. We drove ourselves up to Minneapolis for J’s wedding and had the best of time on the way back creating a dance party playlist. Although I wish we were back in London hanging out like every single day, a midwest reunion definitely sufficed.
2. Speaking of BA playlists… A beloved NSYNC song came onto the playlist and I was rushed back to 2000, a really tough year for my family. My grandma passed away in a tragic motorcycle accident and I remember this song was a huge part of that time and what I cried myself to sleep listening to. Not to be depressing or anything, I just thought it was really neat that this song had and still has so much meaning and power. Music just does that, doesn’t it? Reminds you of places, people, things. It can be good & downright awful.
3. If you haven’t purchased and/or listened to T Swift’s new album yet, pause your reading and listen to the album. Favorites in order: Blank Spaces, Shake it Off, Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams, All You Had To Do Was Stay….and then I love all the others. Obviously. Eeeek.
4. Since I’m such a Des Moines lover, I just want to give Trellis a shoutout. I had their lunch on Thursday and there was so much flavor and joy in my mouth. Head over to the Botanical Center. Fun fact: the Bot Center is part of the neighborhood we are focusing our revitalization efforts.
5. It’s Halloween. The original plans were to go to Madison for a fun-filled weekend, but a couple significant reasons kept me back in the 515. So here I am, no plans other than happy hour with the Biker Gang & some QT with my fellow Scorpio soul sista, which quite frankly will be just as delightful. <3
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.