1. I took Friday off to head over to Iowa City for a fancy pants wedding. And it was a fabulous time, for so many reasons, but mostly because I know that I can be my truest self with my favorite dudes and they just don’t care. Thanks, you two. 🙂
2. I’m not a fan of having too much on my plate because I know myself and it never ends up going well, buuuuut I was hired on Saturday to teach yoga at Aspen Athletics and I am scheduled to teach another class at PLY starting mid-November. Not to mention something else in the works in the East Village that will be great for that community and allow me to bring out my entrepreneurial self. Stay tuned!
3. It’s fall. I basically hate everything in my closet, so I did a bit of shopping recently. My favorite purchase?
4. Busted out the crock pot on Wednesday and it was glorious. Carrots, green beans, sausage, an onion and voila, the tastiest meal one could need! Just um, put it on high or your carrots will be hard in the middle.
5. Without being as dramatic as I can be, I really hurt my knee when I attempted a seven-mile run a couple weeks ago. I was all, not trying that again for awhile. So I did other things and then just got sad because I also thought a week before that I got bursitis, which is actually legitimate because I’ve had shingles before. (It all adds to the belief that I’m a 50-year-old living in a 24-year-old’s body.) Anyway, my knee only hurts when I run! Which is good… but it also means that my months of training for the IMT half marathon is not happening. And it’s a bummer because I wanted it so badly. I wanted to run it all, even if it was like a run-walk thing. Whatever. I’m going to get my t-shirt and cheer on the people who are running. Go, YOU! Whoever you are. 🙂