1. Two movies in one weekend? Sure! Got wrapped up in Gone Girl & Skeleton Twins. I’m usually a person who a) can’t keep her eyes open the whole time in movies and b) thinks about all the things I should be doing that I’m not during the movie. All that being said, neither of these movies caused those reactions and I say that’s a positive thing. 🙂
2. It was a week of three birthdays of some awesome people in my life… on the same day! Me being me… I am someone who loves birthdays. It’s like WOW, here I am world! I’ve survived you and I am older, I know myself better, I’ve figured out my life a smidge more and I am healthy! I think birthdays are worth celebrating. Some beautiful force brought you into this world and it’s amazing you’re here, functioning, living, breathing, whatever. Here’s Betsy, loving her life at Americana.
3. Everyone is aware that Scandal is back in season, right? Okay perfect. Just so you know, I channel Olivia Pope more often then probably normal. I happened to be walking to my parking garage and replaying a scene with my facial expressions only to realize a group of contractors watched me from end of the alley to the parking garage with the “I’m pretending I don’t see you when I’m walking past you and I want you to think I’m hot sh*t” face that Olivia makes. Anyway. I want you to know I’m weird and that I accept that.
4. We went to the Meredith Rebuild Day as the project management team on Thursday afternoon. It was neat to see it from the perspective of a previous employee at Rebuilding Together as well as from a neighborhood revitalization standpoint. Meredith Corporation & Rebuilding Together worked closely with Boys & Girls Club to identify families in the East Bank neighborhoods who could use small to large home repairs. This picture was beautiful. It’s the principal at Hiatt, a homeowner and one of our teammates. We are better together. <3
5. There is talk. In our office. About an office cat. Period.
Off to Iowa City for a wedding with B & K, my two fav men.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.