1. I managed to see and hang out with nearly all of my closest friends (and brother…gasp) to some capacity this past week and weekend. From going to the fair to random Target shopping trips, I feel so lucky to have the friends I do. 🙂 Here we are, fairing it up. Broke the Paleo for a brief moment in time. Cause…duh. This is right before a group of went to see Lady Antebellum. I don’t know why I haven’t been recruited to be in the band yet.
2. On Monday, I picked up my “little sis” to take her to Zombie Burger. She had a Rice Krispie shake and I ate a burger that basically disagreed with me for the rest of the night. We walked out of the restaurant and out popped a tooth. Such a fun thing to witness with a nine-year-old. Today, I’m visiting her and her class for lunch and then taking the rest of the afternoon off. Holla!
3. Since the moment we decided to combine three neighborhood plans into one big initiative, we had to give the initiative a name. I attended neighborhood meetings and got a lot of different votes from residents. The number one name was: Viva East Bank. Well today we are finally giving it the formal attention it deserves and going into launch mode. The east side needs some major attention – if you live in Des Moines you know that downtown gets so much of the development, but there’s not nearly the investment seen in the urban neighborhoods. Before I go on my soapbox, I’ll end with saying we have a logo! And a website! And an official email! It isn’t anything too special, but I put this little WordPress together over the past month and below is the beautiful logo created by our neighbors at 87 Central in the East Village.
4. “Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.” – Eckhart Tolle
5. I’ve become the queen of making egg scrambles, filled with the goodness of any and all vegetables. I’d like to host a scramble party, although I’m not entirely sure what that looks like. Other than mimosas will be included. Suggestions? Half kidding, half serious.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.