1. I took last Friday off as PTO just because. And it was such a great decision. Later that evening I hosted a pool party. So, I spent the day making sangria, shopping at Jordan Creek (bought my first crop top for 8035), eating lunch with a great friend and kicking it in the sun with magazines and friends. It was a fantastic party and will be on repeat any given weekend upon request.
2. Third wedding weekend in a row! Last weekend was Iowa City. We had a pretty solid group of people who were at our table and made the wedding a blast. Congratulations Alexa and Niko. Yet again, I was provided another dance floor to loosen up and bust out some moves in this number I found at Dry Goods, which I could pretty much live in forever.
3. Sunday, I took my “little sis” to the zoo for a Big Brothers Big Sisters morning! I was not feeling the greatest as I lost a ton of sleep over the weekend, but I was in constant giggle mode. Seriously, look at these things! That wallaby would get in his momma’s pouch and then pop out and spring around the grass and launch himself into wire fences. Multiple times. I have to get back there for Zoo Brew soon!
4. Such a solid week of friend hang time. From making Pad Thai, yoga on yoga, going on a run, hot tub time, celebrating a birth and embracing every single summer night, I am wiped! Ready for a chill night and pretty relaxing weekend to rejuvenate, ride my bicycle and explore the city.
5. Finally, I went to my first YPC event ever on Thursday with my lovely friend, Kayla. I am not sure how this was my first event attended, but I had the opportunity to meet some great leaders in our community and hear story upon story about their journey. This is my favorite part of any interaction with humans – story sharing. The ups, the downs, I get weirdly into it.