1. Went to see Karmin on Friday night with At. The people who inspire me to rap include her and Eminem. And as you know (or now know), I have some rap skills. I wish I could repost the video of a rap I did to Love the Way You Lie with my Ed Hardy hat on and Hermione wand, but it’s just not time to bust that out yet for everyone to see.
2. Tulip Time in Pella was Saturday (and Lucas’s 21st birthday!!). Poffertjes, iced Americano, friends, sunshine, parades, drummers, Oriental Express, family. It all happened. We had our Pella dose for approximately six hours and then peaced out as I was utterly desperate to lounge and be completely unproductive the rest of the night. Which is nearly impossible for me, but I then did it on Sunday too. No plans, no people and total rejuvenation. And Sherlock. I’m totally addicted and finished season two. Now what?
3. I applied (with the help of an awesome partner in crime) for a grant for over $10,000 to support East High programming. I won’t go into details, but this summer program could really set students on the path to succeed at the 2,300 student school. I GOT THE GRANT. I was denied two other ones previously so it really gave me hope in my grant-writing future. Not only that, but 200 students could possibly be served and given opportunities they would never have had if the grant wasn’t written. Cha-ching!
4. Some really great “workout” accomplishments: improving my pull-ups by using a less resistant band, consecutive DUs, first attempt and success at TTB (sorry, CrossFit lingo…) and I finally biked to work on Monday!
5. I made the quiche below which isn’t a big deal because I’ve made it a handful of times. The thing is, I have stopped cooking. I almost always make oatmeal and smoothies during the week, but I have become super bad about eating out and buying frozen meals. I’m hoping June is a new chapter for cooking and prepping meals, but for now, just give me Amy’s Burritos, an orange and anything with cheese and I’ll be content.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.