– I’ve been intentionally and unintentionally learning about feminism through TED Talks, my Tumblr feed and articles online.
– I keep eating like a lion, like I have no way of gaining weight (false).
– My friends are seriously inspiring me. They keep killin’ it at their jobs, doing spontaneous activities, writing beautiful blog posts and becoming more bold & confident individuals.
– It seems like time really is speeding up. Like where does a day go? Why is it already Saturday? People are all TGIF and I just can’t agree. I don’t love working over 45 hours in the week, but I also am getting to the point where I “need” to in order to stay up to speed. What is going to happen a year from now? I get a personal assistant? 😉 I am so close to using Fancy Hands app where you pay for someone to do 15 tasks for you for $45 a month.
– I keep looking at dogs online. There’s no way this is going to happen, but I just want to walk a dog outside and for my dogs to be friends with the other dogs in my apartment complex.
– My hair wand is my go-to every morning unless I do the dreaded morning shower.
– I’ve realized it’s time to get my long-haired cat a sanitary trim. Poor girl is just not getting it all in the litter box and stuck in her fur. Will I be hated forever? Probably.
– There were a couple times I recently said “no” which is my least favorite word in the world. But then I go tell everyone I did it and then I feel better.
– I’ve committed to drinking red wine almost every night. It’s like a bedtime snack.
– My list of “projects” keeps growing! One: I want to take a big canvas and cover it in chalkboard paint for my kitchen. Two: I want to get some big plants for my living room. I love my baby succulents, but the big potted ones…mmm gimme.
– I’ve been reading The Secret Life of Bees.
– I switched over to using Caldrea for my laundry detergent. I often find myself grabbing at my shirt just to be reminded of the beautiful scent. It’s weird, I know.
– I had an epiphany. I realized that at my core I really am an extrovert. People fill me up (while there’s definitely some that drain me, of course). There’s times I need “Emily” time to refuel, but if I’m in a rut and need something, I’m typically better off grabbing coffee with a friend than taking a nap.
– I’ve been on Tumblr and reblogging like cray. I used to blog there, but it’s now my artsy place where I decompress. Check out some of my favorite pictures and quotes here. Example one.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.