This is an atypical Friday Fives post. Mostly because nothing really exciting happened this week other than going to Chicago, packing for Dallas and getting some fresh blonde on my hurr.
Here are some of my hopes for the spring season:
1. Make iced coffee on the regs. I looked at a Toddy at World Market, which is $40. Do you know what else I can do with $40? A lot (mostly involving eating food). I just see myself walking into the office with a cute little mason jar filled with ice, coffee and cream and it makes my soul happy.
2. Start running & biking. I really, really do not love running. Maybe I’ll start with walking, but I need some good cardio in my life. Also, in order to make this biking thing happen more frequently, I need to schedule meetings better and get a tire pump. Yes, it’s true, I do not own a pump. Even after intense cycling seasons of life.
3. Make time. I get stressed out when I feel like I don’t have enough time. I’m currently working on my list of things I want to accomplish by the age of 30. It’s a daunting yet feasible list and my number one excuse will be that I won’t have enough time (to train, to study, to get enough sleep, to follow through). Then I read You “Don’t Have Enough Time” Bullshit and I glared at my computer for ten minutes hating myself, got up, drank a protein shake and decided to change my perspective. Thank you, dear Nicole.
4. Learn how to garden. I actually don’t have a choice as I am helping create a 40’x60′ garden in May. I have literally no idea what I’m doing. I know what we are going to plant, but I don’t know how to tend to baby carrots or corn or cucumbers. Oh, but I will learn and then I will teach you!
5. Get my next tattoo! I have it on my phone, ready to go to Dallas with me. Will it happen? I’m sure every social media outlet I am on will tell you. Dun, dun, dunnnn.
Peace out, Iowa.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.