1. Tomorrow is moving day. Today I sign my lease! I really don’t have a lot to move and have some new items coming my way to get everything just as I envisioned. First West Elm purchase below, my friends.
2. I was asked to join a group called Lead Like A Lady and we had our first gathering of 2014. Maria Volante from Dardis Communications spoke about power. Her main point throughout the morning was, not only does nonverbal communication send a message to our audience, but it is also self-governing. Standing in Wonder Woman-like “power poses” gives us a boost of testosterone and has been known to lower cortisol levels.
3. Oh, how is the no sugar thing going? It’s awful. It’s getting worse. I have headaches now. And I almost punched every single cupcake at one of our events because I knew it couldn’t enter my mouth. Will it get better? Who knows. What have I tried because of it? Curry Chicken from Trader Joe’s, Zucchini fritters, seaweed chips (aka the grossest snack ever created) and carrot juice. And I’m continuing to try new things! So this is fun, this is fun, this is fun… It’s all mental right?
4. I bought a hair wand and my hair has entered a whole new world. So has my skin because it was burnt on the 400 degree device. But I don’t even care because my hair is bouncy and not in a ponytail that leaves me with a headache. Here’s myself and Morgan at the YNPN (young nonprofit professional network) birthday bash at Jasper Winery. This is where those cupcakes almost ruined me.
5. My friend Bryan introduced me to Caroline Smith and I have a major girl crush. I hope you listen.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.