1. Zach and I have found that Sunday mornings are a little dangerous for us… we almost booked a flight to Cuba two weeks ago and last week we booked a flight to NOLA, using his Southwest points (score). My points from another card will cover our entire hotel stay, so this quick trip will be relatively cheap. And best yet, it’s during NYE!
2. Say Hello to the City recently featured Iowanderers with a quick list of three things you can do as a Staycation in Des Moines. Also, some other lovely ladies are featured in the “Locals Only” posts throughout the week. It’s incredible to see what friends and acquaintances are doing in our community!
3. Leaves! Boots! Cardigans! Tall socks! Fireplaces! I took a stroll in the neighborhood to appreciate the change in season and I think it captures my love of both fall, Sherman Hill, and most importantly, a neighborhood cat.
4. What do you value more? Money or time? I appreciated this article.
5. I’m still geeking out over Better than Before and the way Gretchen Rubin digs into habit formation and why some people are different than others. One really interesting thing I read was about a guy who wanted to drop a habit and wrote a HUGE check to an organization he absolutely loathed. The check was ready to be mailed if the habit wasn’t dropped. How motivating is that?!