1. WEDDING TALK: I found a dress in the East Village last weekend. It is a little different than I would have imagined purchasing based on all of my Pinterests Pins, but better. That’s all I can say about it. 🙂
2. Being 5′ 1 3/4″ has its perks for sure, except when it comes to jean shopping. I took the plunge and guessed a size on Madewell and will probably never purchase jeans from anywhere else. The fit is perfection and the jean quality is incredibly high. There aren’t any petite options, but a little roll of the cuff never hurt nobody.
3. The Water Ride is tomorrow! You remember that bike ride I helped dream of and put into motion four years ago? We’re still riding strong and raising money for our friends in Ghana. It’s a 25 mile ride and costs $25. We have some stellar stops with drink/food deals and then you get to come back to Orlondo’s and listen to live music. We’re making our final push for building a school in Tsipasi and only need $7,200 to do it!
4. For anyone looking to scout out a new restaurant in the 515, we recently tried Bubba and had a great experience. The service there is top notch; I think every single employee said hi to us and the shrimp and grits made my heart and tummy very happy. I held back from getting waffles and chicken, but it’s on the list.
5. Sometimes I do a little perusing in Facebook groups I’m in and thankfully, I was digging in on Des Moines Girl Gang and spotted that a new coffee shop is coming to Des Moines, close to Exile. There’s an Indiegogo page for it and if I had an extra $3,000 I would absolutely back it so I could get coffee for liiiiife. All that to say, help them get dollars they need to be a real place on the soon-to-be renovated Walnut Street.