Oh, hello! It sure has been a while since I got some Fivers written on the blog. Now that I have this pretty little website though, the inspiration has brought my fingers back to the keyboard.
A lot has been happening this summer, so I thought I would do a quick snapshot of five highlights & updates that have been going on.
1. Zach and I got engaged Memorial Day weekend and have been planning the bigger pieces of the wedding so far (photographer, DJ, location, caterer). We’ll make it official next June at the skating plaza in downtown Des Moines. This weekend is “operation guest list,” which is slightly terrifying.
2. We took an amazing ten day trip to Germany, Austria, and Salzburg with Zach’s family in July. We rode bikes, walked a million miles, enjoyed German beer & food, and learned a ton about the history and present of the cities we were in.
Soon, you can find a recap of our favorites…
3. On our blog, IOWANDERERS! It needs some attention, but the vision is to share our travel stories, what we’ve learned, and interview fellow Iowans who have traveled the world and have the “Iowa” perspective. I know that every time I travel, my eyes are opened up to new ways of thinking and I’m able to see life through a different lens. It’s always very powerful, so why not inspire others and share stories? Also, my friend Ashleigh designed our little logo and if you need a creative genius to help you, she’s one of my favorites. (Sneak peak of Munich below!)
4. Oh yes, I started a new job! This was a big one for me as I was very attached to the neighborhood work I was doing on the east side of Des Moines. Several circumstances led to the change and I know I made the best decision. Our team is incredibly fast-paced, innovative, and strategic. The digital marketing world is something I love and being a part of the Think Digital team has allowed me to work at home, create a productive schedule rather than one that expects work to get done between 9 and 5, and ultimately help people build a successful business.
5. I was promoted to manager within Beautycounter. I was motivated to be a part of the inspiring company when my friend with breast cancer raved about the safety and effectiveness of the products. If I have a choice to put foods in my body & products on my skin, I want to choose the safest options. The products speak for themselves and it’s so fun to get a group of gals together to educate one another about the beauty industry. I’m always happy to share products with anyone hoping to switch to safer products.