A couple days before the big Germany trip, I pulled the trigger and got a Fitbit. I was super curious about how many steps we would be taking on our travels every day and knew that wearing it every day could act as a watch and also inform the crew on how many miles we had walked.
Specifically, I purchased the Fitbit Charge HR and then when we got home, we purchased the Fitbit scale. Here’s why I know I made the right decision.
1. Fitbit has the function to track what you eat. I have never, ever been a calorie counter. I typically just do not care, but one of my goals in “Operation Wedding Planning” is to look my absolute best. It’s one of the most special days of my life and I want to feel fabulous. I am at a healthy weight and am rarely concerned about my body image, but I know that if I want to slim a bit, I have got to keep track of what I’m eating.
2. It motivates me to walk. Not only did Germany inspire me to walk, but my Fitbit also makes me second guess driving to the yoga studio or the coffee shop. Walking is a great alternative to running (which I do not enjoy because of excruciating knee pain!) and it helps me take time to just chill. If only I could get my cats to enjoy it as much as dogs seem to…
(Pssst, you can buy it for only $140 in purple by clicking the image!)
3. The scale syncs up with my Fitbit, keeping me informed on any progress being made. Similar to calorie intake, I’ve never been someone who weighs myself religiously (except freshman year of high school), but for the purpose of slimming down a little, this continues to motivate me and keep me informed. One thing I really love is the body fat percentage that is also tracked!
4. I have an accountability partner and he happens to be my fiance. I love touching base with Z and seeing how his steps compare to mine. For the record, they are almost always higher! With all our different interests and activities in the week, it’s fun to use this to continue keeping us healthy. If Zach wasn’t around, Fitbit also has a way to connect with friends. You can compete with them and check in with one another on steps taken. I know some work places do it to encourage employees to stay active!
5. It’s helping me set a really great routine for now and the future. I love routines and creating good habits. So many things we do day to day are habitual, so why not create some of the best habits for ourselves! I look at the Fitbit as a way to see change over time and keep me motivated to stay healthy and in great shape.
Buy it in black for only $140! Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband Black Large