1. I am officially a condo owner. Z and I signed the paperwork Thursday afternoon and then drank his fancy 1998 bottle of wine that night as we moved little things. It has a ways to go until we finally feel settled, but I am definitely a fan so far. Nora was our realtor and she was pretty much fantastic 100% of the time.
2. I joined the essential oils train (although they are currently lost from the move). I love diffusing them and especially enjoyed the peppermint when I was really sick last week. Young Living has an awesome starter kit and my friend Ali is pretty awesome at hooking people up.
3. I’m rereading You are a Badass by Jen Sincero. It’s one of those books you laugh through and wonder where she comes up with her magical concoction of words. It’s also one of those books that reminds me how important it is to love myself and set my mind on whatever I want to achieve. Here’s just a taste of her wonderfulness:
“It never ceases to amaze me the precious time we spend chasing the squirrels around our brains, playing out our dramas, worrying about unwanted facial hair, seeking adoration, justifying our actions, complaining about slow Internet connections, dissecting the lives of idiots, when we are sitting in the middle of a full-blown miracle that is happening right here, right now. We’re on a planet that somehow knows how to rotate on its axis and follow a defined path while it hurtles through space! Our hearts beat! We can see! We have love, laughter, language, living rooms, computers, compassion, cars, fire, fingernails, flowers, music, medicine, mountains, muffins!”
4. Anyone else getting excited about summer in Des Moines? We just snagged 8035 tickets, but I have Hinterland, Michael Franti, and Brandi Carlile on the docket as well. Not to mention, patio dates at Eatery A and hopefully another outdoor food truck event at the Social Club. Glimpses of sunlight and warm, breezy air this week has me pretty excited.
5. We chose August 27 as The Water Ride date (tickets here!). This is a great opportunity to hop on your bike for 26 miles, stop at local bars, and help support clean water & education projects in Ghana. I was thrilled to be invited to Ghana in January to see the investment we’ve been able to make into the communities there (over $22,000 has been raised from Water Rides… wow!). I haven’t fully decided, but it has been on my bucket list for awhile!