1. This has been a week of some serious girl time. I was reflecting on my Google Calendar and seeing my 6:30 a.m. morning coffee, remembering how excited I was to not be sitting at Mars Cafe studying, but actually conversing about nothing related to school. I’ve met new pals this week, caught up with old, celebrated a couple birthdays and sent some fun cards. Feeling back to normal. 🙂
2. Earlier this week, we collected and counted the number of winter clothing donations that came in from all around the community and the grand total was over 750! We are talking good quality donations from over a dozen organizations and big-hearted individuals. These donations went to the annual party I coordinate at Hiatt Middle School every year, where over 350 people came to see Santa & Mrs. Claus, listen to kids perform, do arts & crafts, take some warm clothes and enjoy one another’s company over a warm meal. It’s a fabulous event every year and always warms my heart to see kids so excited.
3. This week I was voted on as Vice President of Urban Ambassadors here in DSM. I’ve been involved in this organization for awhile, stepped onto the board earlier this year and was excited for the opportunity to do some higher level involvement on the executive committee. We are hosting our annual Sustainable Sweethearts in just a couple months! More on that to come. <3
4. On Sunday morning, I hosted a handful of ladies over breakfast to dream about a future space dedicated to females & also launch Beautycounter. I left feeling excited and woke up to a piece in Lift IOWA I put together. Over 100 people have filled out this survey & I’m eager to share the findings this weekend!
5. I have had knee issues for such a long time that basically allows me to do very little cardio like running or ellipticals. So when Power Life Yoga added spin classes I was excited to give it a go. Needless to say, this is now one of my favorite classes offered & I had no pain doing it other than the pain of my heart almost exploding out of my chest.