1. I did a terrible job of balancing out grad school & play time this week. I participated in my first ever trivia night, went on a late(ish) night bike ride and had a lovely girls night to reenact last year’s send off of Taylor.
2. My grandpa passed away after battling cancer long enough. His body couldn’t take it anymore and shut down. I never did a really good job about keeping in touch with him while he lived in Washington & Arizona. Maybe it was the distance. Maybe I was just a terrible granddaughter. But when people die, you realize how you “could have been” and although it’s unhealthy to live in this state forever, it serves as a reminder to show people you love them.
3. Saturday night consisted of exactly what you see below. Oh, and pizza of course. Let’s just say we have some ideas brewing that we hope to act on.
4. Speaking of brewing, I also purchased & received this to try out over the weekend.
5. My work life takes me to many different places. I get super excited and then I get frustrated time and time again. On Sunday evening, I got some people together to give the Hiatt Garden some TLC. It needed it more than anyone can ever imagine. I wrote this post on Facebook because I felt passionate about getting down to the basics of asking what a community wants instead of assuming that every school & every neighborhood wants community gardens.