1. We managed to get Taylor to stay in America & welcomed her with a shindig at our friend McP’s, which entailed a lot of singing, yard games, donuts and mosquitoes visiting my legs.
2. First Iowa Cubs game in a very long time. Power Life Yoga put on a stellar event and hundreds of people came for a class, burgers, beer and baseball. I also want to say that a) I stayed the whole game and b) I was asked the score and without looking at the board knew what was going on. Big changes my friends.
3. A kayaking adventure on Sunday made us question whether or not we should always carry machetes & extra beer. We got stuck in a couple strainers, which is a fancy word Matt taught me to mean tree dams. We were rerouted & also forced to carry our kayaks in muddy, tree-filled areas to avoid death. (I’m obviously being extremely dramatic & silly.) Our afternoon adventure enhanced the circumference of my upper arms and also made us more resilient human beings.
4. I am coveting this couch. And you may see it in my living room soon.
5. Happy 1-year anniversary to the Viva East Bank! initiative. I am currently leaving my apartment to help set up for a 50+ meeting where we get to share the fact that we’ve invested $9.3 million into three east-side neighborhoods in Des Moines in 18 months. So proud to help lead these efforts in my favorite city.