Writing to you from the land of Sioux City, Iowa before day two of my staff retreat begins. Turns out this place has some really incredible public art all over & I’m on a mission to photograph it before our session begins.
1. I celebrated two years at my job and so I wrote this post about what I get to do to make Des Moines a better place to live, work and play.
2. Such a toasty weekend for Hinterland, but we all survived. Brandi Carlile was so much fun and the new venue space was nearly perfect.
3. I am 30% done with grad school as of Sunday. Two semesters down, four to go. I made the decision to not take classes next summer so I can have a little more freedom. Cheers.
4. With my three weeks of freedom between grad school classes, I decided to cook up some delicious food. An easy one is lathering up some asparagus with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and some salt & pepper and baking for 20 minutes in the oven (or grill if you’re cool enough to own one, which I am not). Another is Dirty Thai Fried Quinoa. Yumyumyum. Made it with chicken instead of tofu.
5. One of the most empowering thing happened to me this week. I pulled a juicy reddish-orange tomato off my tomato plant. To date, one out of 25 plants has lived and it’s my aloe plant. My mint, basil and tomatoes are killin’ it this year though! Turns out all you really have to do is remember to water them. #greenthumb