1. What a week! I had strep and two days later had my bag packed to drive some lovely ladies out to Colorado for Wanderlust. It was so dreamy being in the mountains. I was gasping for air far too often, where at first it was like oh, haha she probably is from the midwest to… oh, okay she’s definitely from the midwest and just plain out of shape. Whatevs. We all had a blast making meals together, trying some Colorado beer, STAND UP PADDLEBOARD YOGA WHAAAAAT, doing so much yoga, trying workshops and exploring the land of Aspen-Snowmass.
2. Best things that happened on our (total of) 32-hour drive: listening to almost all of Yes Please, listening to Serial (IS ADNON GUILTY OR NOT?!), listening to six or so podcasts, a 90s playlist that made all of our hearts swell, discovering music on Spotify, stopping to take pictures on boulders and peeing on boulders and talking about things that will never make it onto this blog space.
3. Speaking of Yes Please, which I adored, I loved when Amy talked about having kids and the ways women harshly judge each other about really personal decisions. Her request of all women is to say, “Good for you, not for me.” I think it applies beyond children. Good for you that you stay up until midnight on weeknights, not for me. What works for some people won’t work for you. And vice versa. So let’s just be cool with what other people decide to do with their time, their bodies, their energy, whatever. 😉
4. I made this website!!! My intern was stellar in helping put elements together as well. It’s so pretty. Squarespace rules.
5. This time, one year ago, I wrote this post about taking time for me. I am so glad I remembered this and took the time to find it buried in dozens of posts. I don’t do half the things I listed on that post anymore, liiiike… I don’t do things to impress people as much if ever. I rarely overthink how I made you feel. And I definitely don’t stay up late for stranger’s birthdays unless there’s good food/beer involved. 🙂 Just like this cute little reminder says: