Hello from the pseudo single mom. I’ve been nannying since Monday afternoon & wrap up this morning. Just finished making my fourth pb&j sandwich.
1. We hosted our first Acro Yoga class at The Hub on Saturday for POP UP YOGA. It was a hit – so many new people tried it for the first time & I have not seen more smiles on people’s face at 7:00 a.m. in a very long time, if ever? This is my friend Kevin & I warming up before we fly!
2. A much-needed bike ride also happened last weekend. I don’t entirely know what caused At and I to ride to Ankeny from Des Moines but we did it and made it both ways without getting lost! We met up with other friends & made a whole day of it. I am proud of myself for completely shutting down from work and “work-like hobbies” to just hang out with people. It’s been far too long. Oh, and the mango IPA at Firetrucker = yes.
3. Kate Spade had this major sale & I decided to treat myself to a classic black bag (who doesn’t need one of those?) to celebrate all of May’s accomplishments and a week of playing mom! She’s pretty slick.
4. I will say that nannying is a great form of birth control although I really love these kids. They’re fun to hang out with (daily bike rides, people) and remind me to a) be more present and b) be a bit more adventurous. Kids have a way of doing that. We seriously sat and watched frogs eat crickets for 20 minutes. ‘ello froggy.
5. Yesterday, I decided that my stress/busyness levels are strongly correlated with how much trash is in my cup holders and surrounding parts of the vehicle. Anyone else?