1. We did a photoshoot with two talented photographers in Des Moines, Karla & Justin, who both captured a group of us doing some yoga at sunrise. It was a magical morning. Here’s a sneak peak – the rest will be used to help publicize Pop Up Yoga. Please tell me you saw our shirts, too, right?
2. I wrote a post about why I’m [still] single to be a little more transparent on my blog. It was also an opportunity for me do some self reflection, which I used to be fantastic at doing and not so much now. Thank you for many, many thoughtful, kind responses. It made my heart swell.
3. My tickets to Wanderlust have been purchased. I will be heading to Aspen Fourth of July weekend to do a variety of outdoor activities (stand up paddle boarding yoga flow?!) with some fun Des Moines friends. I have a feeling I’ll never want to leave the mountains.
4. Today is the day I wake up and produce a really, really large event for 600+ middle school students and dozens of volunteers. I’ve always wanted to ensure the work I do to revitalize a neighborhood also equips the people living in the neighborhood. And volunteerism is definitely one of the things that has personally served me well over the years & I hope others today feel the same. Look for pics today on the social media channels! Sneak peak at the public art installation that will be filled with trash this afternoon to create a Litter Letter. #hiattgivesback
5. Did anyone else watch the season finale of Scandal? I only watch one show regularly and this is it. Mostly because of Kerry Washington and her badass demeanor. I work to regularly channel her & sometimes it works.