1. It was Drake Relays weekend. I get into it in the sense that I’m an alum, but in school I never really had “Bulldog pride.” I just kind of did my thing. I look back and kind of regret how little I cared about the entire Drake experience, but what can ya do? Two of my pals I met in London are some of my closest Drake friends – funny how that works. We took over the alumni tent, mostly by me consuming a majority of the pretzels.
2. Sunni & I spent our Saturday morning at Jasper Winery teaching yoga to our Lead Like a Lady friends. It got me really excited to continue the effort to bring yoga out to the community. Speaking of, did you see that we are popping up at the farmers market on Saturday? First market of the year. Get to this link so you know the deets. 😉
3. Wednesday was my one-year anniversary with Lizette. We weren’t able to spend time together because I’m nannying this week, but for an entire year I’ve been a “big sis” to one of the sweetest ten year olds I know. It has been fascinating to understand more about the life of a single parent (of five) & the major challenges that come from being an immigrant family. Even the tiniest of experiences I’m able to offer Lizette open her eyes to possibilities she may have never known possible. Cheers to a year of friendship!
4. I was voted onto the Urban Ambassadors board of directors. This is my first experience on a board. The goal is to help build a more sustainable Des Moines. In my effort to make Des Moines a better place to live for all people, this is a way to I’m able to creatively tap into that outside of the workplace.
5. We are only two weeks away from The Water Ride, the annual bike ride I co-found that supports clean water projects & education in Ghana. Ride with a friend, your family or solo on Saturday, May 16. For $30, you’re helping develop a community that has access to health, education, jobs and more. And May is bike month, so let’s ride!