1. It was a week of pretty much not being home at all, which meant a lot of things did not get done, but that I got very, very social. Do you ever have those weeks? It’s almost unacceptable with grad school happening and the fact that I’m leaving in ONE WEEK for Scotland, but hey… YOLO? It was 70s pretty much all stinkin’ week!
2. One of those fabulous social outings was my seven-year anniversary with Morgan. In April of 2008, on Admitted Students Day at Drake University, I met this crazy girl & while she wasn’t sure about Drake, I definitely was. I emailed her and was like heyyyyy, let’s be roomies if you leave Minnesota! And so we all showed our friend’s each other’s profile pictures and then it was just a done deal. Everything about our lives at Drake was quite magical. Here’s the human who has seen every single angle of me & still chooses to regularly see me. #RFL
3. We are interviewing potential interns for our revitalization efforts in Des Moines all week. We will decide by (hopefully) next Wednesday who gets to hear my lame jokes & walk over to *new* Mars Cafe with me as often as possible. Oh, and do totally great work of course.
4. I had to share my Closet Clean Out experience with a group of ladies from Lead Like a Lady on Thursday night. Woo! Taking myself back to the Saturday I spent four hours assessing my wardrobe was empowering. I’m ready for round two, but with beauty products, kitchen supplies and whatever else I can purge & organize!
5. Has anyone else ever had a cocktail with egg whites? I just can’t even. Cute, girl.