1. Took a quick weekend trip with some of my lovely lady friends to Minneapolis. We did so much exploring. I purchased that fun print below and I ate an arepa, which I never knew was a thing. Next to said arepa are yuca fries. And they are divine. I kind of consider Minneapolis a few steps ahead of Des Moines. It was encouraging to me to see the types of restaurants and their quirky locations (old gas stations, previous dry cleaners).
2. While in Minneapolis, I started reading the book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking. I knew I wasn’t going to finish it, but it pretty much blew me away almost immediately. As someone who is easily perceived as an extrovert (and strives for the outgoing traits), I’m almost positive I’m an introvert as I continue getting to know myself. I love this passage from the book…
“Introversion- along with its cousins sensitivity, seriousness, and shyness- is now a second-class personality trait, somewhere between a disappointment and a pathology. Introverts living in the Extrovert Ideal are like women in a man’s world, discounted because of a trait that goes to the core of who they are. Extroversion is an enormously appealing personality style, but we’ve turned it into an oppressive standard to which most of us feel we must conform.”
3. Got a MacBook Air this weekend for grad school. It operates so quickly & since I use my laptop 90% of the time I’m home, it was important for me to have something that I could always depend on. #upgrade
4. I’ll be in my apartment at least another year or two, so as I find little “homey” pieces to add (that are affordable of course), I try to add them when I can! Loving the zig zag rug from UO.
5. POP UP YOGA DSM plans came (closer) to fruition on Thursday night. We are doing a PARKS POP UP series all summer & a few “true” pop ups that will be a surprise. City of Des Moines Parks & Rec are super supportive of the idea and we are gaining a lot of traction on Facebook. Next will be a website and some events to post… join the fun!
OH YEAH… T-minus 14 days til Scotland. <3