1. It was a Friday. We made plans. Those plans involved HUE at the Art Center and Pecha Kucha at Jasper Winery. We all wore fuchsia (a word that I can never remember how to spell).
2. You bleepin’ kidding me with this weather?! Park lunch on Thursday and several more lie ahead now that I know how to use the bus!
3. My mom & dad came to visit me on Wednesday for dinner & the daunting shelf hanging. I bought these shelves six months ago. They are finally hung. Need some little diddies on them now.
4. This… this. Yes. Thank you for the reminder Internet world. It’s okay to say no, reschedule and take care of yourself. Whew…needed the affirmation.
If your friend is crying over a break up in the middle of the night, and you have a Psychology final at 6 AM.. it’s okay to choose the test and support her in the morning. If you’ve promised someone that you would see a movie with them but stayed up all night coughing your brains out.. it’s okay to reschedule. You do not need to feel obligated to sacrifice your own self for the sake of someone else all of the time. The only person I was born to nurture is me.
5. I desperately a) needed a weekend away from my couch/laptop combo and b) wanted to see my friend Haley who’s living in Kansas City. We explored an abandoned castle, ate delicious sushi, got green juice (which has inspired me to juice literally every day since!) and even went to bed early. Not to mention, I love driving long hours because all I do is sit, think, dream, stew, sing & car dance.