1. Nothing even tops the fact that I cleared out my entire closet last weekend. It took over three hours and left me knowing exactly how to move forward with a) dressing myself and b) figuring out what to add/eliminate. Check out my wrap up here. It also contributed to my 30-day minimalism challenge (that I’m not actually doing in 30 days, okay?).
2. This beauty came in the mail on Wednesday. #katespade
3. This was a week full of really fun planning meetings. From a major service day event for 600 students in DSM to a bike giveaway in May for an elementary school, summer appears to have a ton of large-scale projects. A really awesome planning meeting was for our comprehensive city plan, aka Plan DSM. Contribute, participate, learn. It’s not intimidating when you get to hang with the cool people. 😉
4. We are getting more public pianos in Des Moines. This excites me because I never want to lose my ability to play A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton, which is like the only song my brain chooses to remember (sorry if it’s in your head the rest of the day).
5. I purchased two books in the past couple weeks & wanted to share them with you since I always appreciate when others share with me! One is Scary Close by Donald Miller. It’s about finding intimacy which isn’t necessarily what my life is about right now, I just love the crap out of Don since he was a pretty much the main reason I biked across the country that one time… The other book is Start Something that Matters by Blake Mycoskie. He is the founder of TOMS. I’m really interested in social entrepreneurship and his story offers some insight and direct tools.