1. The weekend entailed a lot of watching Girls, drinking wine, yoga (got a fun new pose!), shopping and appreciating the calm before the storm. Aka grad school. One of my favorite things to do on the weekend is find a fresh bouquet of flowers for the kitchen. Makes my heart happy… And Tyko’s.
2. Welcome to week one of grad school. It’s fine. I’m fine. I have insane issues with getting comfortable and then falling asleep. I may have to start reading on a bicycle at my apartment’s weight room to ensure things get read. Other than that, I have nothing else to report other than I know I have made the right decision.
3. Three amaaaaazing, distinct things happened this week… work-related. 1) We found out our neighborhood is hosting the first Jazz in July in 2015 and… ever in this area, 2) a man who owns very large grain elevators in Capitol East is willing to talk about public art on the elevators/bins and transforming his space to serve the neighborhood, and 3) a grant I co-wrote has moved to the “finalist” stage. Our proposal requested light installations on a bike trail (dude, seriously see how sweet this is), public space creation at a park and building out a school garden. Needless to say, as all these things unfold, my hands are going to be full. Just picture this becoming a destination place in Des Moines. I know, I know… it’s hard right now.
4. I have been nannying part of this week at a house that could potentially be the most darling house ever. It has a fireplace and a sectional and a loft. And speaking of houses, this house my VP and I have had our eye on for the past year is for sale. And I want to buy it and rehab it. (Laughs at self.)
5. Yoga schedule is changing at Power Life! Come get your yoga on with me on Thursdays and Fridays at 4:30. Power 1. Namaste.