1. We hosted a bus tour with a work partner last Friday to talk about the neighborhood revitalization efforts happening in the East Bank. I didn’t speak much (TG), but at one point I got to talk about branding & community building.
2. My friend invited me to the soft opening of RoCA and I would say it’s very worth trying their drinks and watching them saw the brick of ice. Sit at the bar and observe the creation of beverages. I was highly intrigued.
3. Two live music sessions this week: Johnnyswim (melt my freakin’ heart)
…and Brantley Gilbert, who I didn’t know so well. In fact we have no idea what he was really singing, but Aaron Lewis came out before him and if one needs reminded it was Staind that he was a part of. Yes, relive the memories. I distinctly remember his songs playing at the public pool in P-town.
4. We launched East Bank Youth Corps! The neighborhood plans we are implementing have a lot of focus on youth and providing meaningful experiences for them. We wrote a grant to launch a volunteer/service corps and here we are, fully funded and fully launched. It’s exciting to see something we’ve been talking about for almost a year come to fruition. I mean, look at these baller shirts. East High Cares – totally appropriate time to wear those shirts anyway, if you have followed any of the stories lately… So. Here we are, building leaders at East. 🙂
5. Julie invited the family to Pella for brunch and totally killed it on the brunch menu. We got the car all cleaned out, FAFSA forms completed, nails painted and had good hearty laughs. The Boyds are the best. <3