1. I am applying for grad school at Iowa State!!! Yes, me. I never, ever thought I would consider grad school, but I’ve fallen in love with my work, the projects and where this “career path” is leading. A master’s in community development is going to fill gaps of knowledge like housing/business development, working with immigrant populations, nonprofit management, land use, and so forth. The goal is to start in January 2015 and wrap up in two years. So what? Now I’ll be a Cyclone?!
2. Last weekend I was super lame. I declined most opportunities to be social, minus taking my “little sis” to do an art project at Glazed Expressions. Check out this BA angel thing.
3. Because I did nothing all weekend, I kid you not, every single paper is recycled, gifts were ordered, the cupboards are organized, the plants are tended to and most importantly, season one of Girls is complete. Does anyone else get an immense high off of organizing? 🙂
4. I taught my first yoga class at Power Life! I had two whole humans present, which quite frankly was completely fine with me. I felt comfortable and it put me in a really great mindset as I touched a lot on gratitude and choosing to be grateful instead of focusing on problems.
5. I’ve been in Perry, Iowa at a staff retreat. Since we are an Iowa-wide company, I haven’t met over half my team. This was the perfect setting to share what I’m up to in Des Moines (complete with a PowerPoint presentation and all) and also learn about where the company’s heading. The experience was also complete with a bowling alley, free drinks and some serious fun during the evening hours at Hotel Pattee. Good. Ness.