I totally missed last week because Friday was July 4 and there was just too much going down that week to sit and breathe and write a post. So here’s pretty much what’s happened since I went missing.
1. I declared July the month of self-love. And then gave it a dorky hashtag because it felt right. #ebselflove. I bought two books, I found a cute shirt from Anthro, I’ve been reading magazines, I painted my toes, I got a variety of wine glasses…all things that I simply love. Not to mention I have cut down on the texting and the hanging out with people who don’t fill me up. Yay! This is fun! Minus that doing things I love is getting expensive. #onlydownfall
2. A group of us volunteered at The Arts Festival downtown and served at the beer tent for Center on Sustainable Communities, a local nonprofit here in Des Moines. We got done just before the huge storm came in. As the thunder rolled & lightning struck, a few of us threw on our swimsuits and hung out in the hot tub for a couple hours.
3. It was the fourth of July weekend, so I had dinner with the fam at Eatery A, hit up downtown with T, spent a morning at a pool party, got sunburnt in a new romper at 8035, saw so many beautiful musicians (CAROLINE SMITH BELOW) and friends, went for round two of 8035 on Saturday post-storms, made my apartment sparkle and desperately tried to get into Cake, the headliner. Seriously amazing weekend. And I got some SOLID sleep.
4. Took a quick little trip up to Minneapolis for some IKEA and girl time. The VP of my company is stellar. She introduced me to a new friend a few months ago and offered to drive us up and paid for our hotel room. Ummm, we got upgraded to the girl’s floor. Not kidding. It’s a designated floor in a hotel with a special entrance, snacks abounding (ice cream, Oreos, etc.) and some great spa products. We found a ton of new stuff for our apartments and IKEA pretty much destroyed me. No… correction. West Elm destroyed me and I didn’t even buy anything there. I have a fun kitchen project from some IKEA purchases. Just cross your fingers that things don’t end up crooked or totally ruined.
5. I started my yoga training!!! Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m more than excited, but this thing is called an intensive for a reason. Not only do I attend approximately 22 hours of training a week, but I am also required to attend 25 yoga classes, observe five classes, read books and do homework (among a few other small things). Whew! From the start of the training, I immediately knew I was doing the right thing for me, it’s just the kind of slap in the face reality that pretty much the rest of July is going to disappear. Bye, bye, bye!